Tailoring a care plan that’s right for you
What to expect
The first visit is a time for me to get to know you (and where relevant, your partner). It also gives you the opportunity to become familiar with my clinical style and approach to patient care. The subtleties of this meeting will differ according to the reason you are seeking help. However, no matter the reason for your visit, my aim is to fully understand your circumstances from every angle before tailoring a care plan that’s right for you.
During this consultation, I will take a full history regarding your presenting symptoms and review the results of any tests you’ve had. After this appointment, I may ask you to have some additional tests done, in order for me to formally diagnose your condition and determine the best treatment plan. In this case, a second visit will be required for me to take you through the results of these tests and discuss your treatment options with you.
The first visit is usually a longer consultation, so that you have plenty of time to ask questions and I can address any immediate worries or concerns you have.
What to bring with you
- Patient registration form (see downloadable PDF below)
- Your referral letter from your GP or specialist (a referral is required to receive any applicable Medicare rebates for the consult; referrals are generally valid for 12 months from the initial date)
- A copy of any test results/scans
- Your Medicare card
- Your private health insurance card (if applicable)
- A list of your current medications (including any vitamins, supplements or herbal medicines)
- A list of any medications you are allergic to
- A list of any questions you have
Patient registration form (for individuals and couples)
Before your first visit, please download and complete the registration form below, and bring it with you to your appointment.